MADISON, Wis. - Madison Mayor Paul Soglin said upgrades to the Monona Terrace have to be done even if the facelift may cost more than $1 million.
"We start cutting corners and you start presenting a dilapidated old building, and you start losing significant numbers of customers," said Soglin.
The bathrooms, carpet and sprinkler system are all on the City's to-do list for the facility.
Madison's Common Council approved the process for the city to start getting bids for the work Tuesday night.
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed