MADISON, Wis. - Madison Mayor Paul Soglin said upgrades to the Monona Terrace have to be done even if the facelift may cost more than $1 million.
"We start cutting corners and you start presenting a dilapidated old building, and you start losing significant numbers of customers," said Soglin.
The bathrooms, carpet and sprinkler system are all on the City's to-do list for the facility.
Madison's Common Council approved the process for the city to start getting bids for the work Tuesday night.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK