MADISON, Wis. - Madison Mayor Paul Soglin said upgrades to the Monona Terrace have to be done even if the facelift may cost more than $1 million.
"We start cutting corners and you start presenting a dilapidated old building, and you start losing significant numbers of customers," said Soglin.
The bathrooms, carpet and sprinkler system are all on the City's to-do list for the facility.
Madison's Common Council approved the process for the city to start getting bids for the work Tuesday night.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend