MADISON, Wis. - A Minnesota man accused of killing a La Crosse photography store owner and his son is set to stand trial in May.
Investigators said Jeffrey Lepsch of Dakota killed Paul Petras and Petras' son, A.J., at May's Photo in downtown La Crosse last September. They said they recovered multiple items from the store at Lepsch's house during an October search.
Lepsch faces two counts of first-degree intentional homicide, one count of armed robbery and one count of being a felon in possession of a firearm. He has denied involvement in the deaths.
La Crosse County Circuit Judge Ramona Gonzalez has scheduled jury selection for May 3. The trial is scheduled to begin on May 6.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land