MENOMONIE, Wis. - Northwestern Wisconsin is dealing with a dose of winter deja vu as the region is buried under more than a foot of new snow.
Students in the region have another snow day Thursday. Menomonie, River Falls, Chetek, Rice Lake, Barron and Durand are among school districts that canceled classes.
The National Weather Service reported 14 inches of snow has fallen in Ellsworth with 9 inches in River Falls and 8 inches in Ashland. Utility crews worked to restore power to hundreds of Xcel customers in the region.
Early Thursday, two semis collided on Interstate 94 in Dunn County, killing one driver and injuring the other. The State Patrol said it was not immediately known if the weather was a factor in the crash.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK