MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin residents who want to be protected from unsolicited telemarketing phone calls and text messages have until the end of the month to sign up for the state's "no call" list.
The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection says if you've already been on the list, you need to re-register every two years to stay on it. Consumers who add their names to the list by May 31st will be protected from solicitors starting July 1.
The free service includes land lines and cell phones. The list is updated four times a year -- Jan. 1, April 1, July 1 and Oct. 1.
To add your residential landline or cell phone to the list, call 1-866-9NO-CALL (1-866-966-2255) or visit http://nocall.wisconsin.gov.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two