MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin residents who want to be protected from unsolicited telemarketing phone calls and text messages have until the end of the month to sign up for the state's "no call" list.
The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection says if you've already been on the list, you need to re-register every two years to stay on it. Consumers who add their names to the list by May 31st will be protected from solicitors starting July 1.
The free service includes land lines and cell phones. The list is updated four times a year -- Jan. 1, April 1, July 1 and Oct. 1.
To add your residential landline or cell phone to the list, call 1-866-9NO-CALL (1-866-966-2255) or visit http://nocall.wisconsin.gov.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls