MADISON, Wis. - Some Madison College students and staff are pushing to rename a building in honor of a community leader.
The petition to change the name of the Truax Campus Gateway to the Studesville Gateway received almost 1,300 signatures.
Al and Jan Studesville were killed when a motorcycle was hit head on by a semi-truck in June.
Al Studesville was a longtime MATC counselor.
Petitioners said the Studesville's gave so much to the community, it was only right the community give back.
MATC worked with the group behind the petition along with the Studesville family to make sure the changes made are the right ones.
The petition is available online until Tuesday.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says