MADISON, Wis. - Some Madison College students and staff are pushing to rename a building in honor of a community leader.
The petition to change the name of the Truax Campus Gateway to the Studesville Gateway received almost 1,300 signatures.
Al and Jan Studesville were killed when a motorcycle was hit head on by a semi-truck in June.
Al Studesville was a longtime MATC counselor.
Petitioners said the Studesville's gave so much to the community, it was only right the community give back.
MATC worked with the group behind the petition along with the Studesville family to make sure the changes made are the right ones.
The petition is available online until Tuesday.
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two