MADISON, Wis. - Some Madison College students and staff are pushing to rename a building in honor of a community leader.
The petition to change the name of the Truax Campus Gateway to the Studesville Gateway received almost 1,300 signatures.
Al and Jan Studesville were killed when a motorcycle was hit head on by a semi-truck in June.
Al Studesville was a longtime MATC counselor.
Petitioners said the Studesville's gave so much to the community, it was only right the community give back.
MATC worked with the group behind the petition along with the Studesville family to make sure the changes made are the right ones.
The petition is available online until Tuesday.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement