MILWAUKEE - A Marquette University student studying abroad has died after falling from a ledge on the banks of a river in Rome.
Marquette's president, the Rev. Scott Pilarz, announced the death of Andrew Keith Carr in a university-wide email.
Pilarz says Carr was walking with friends when he lost his balance.
Carr was a junior studying operations and supply chain management. He frequently made the dean's list and received the Ignatius and Magis scholarships.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports Marquette is working with John Cabot University to provide support to Carr's roommates and friends in Rome. Counseling services are also available on Marquette's campus for all faculty, staff and students.
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely understood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam