MILWAUKEE - A Marquette University student studying abroad has died after falling from a ledge on the banks of a river in Rome.
Marquette's president, the Rev. Scott Pilarz, announced the death of Andrew Keith Carr in a university-wide email.
Pilarz says Carr was walking with friends when he lost his balance.
Carr was a junior studying operations and supply chain management. He frequently made the dean's list and received the Ignatius and Magis scholarships.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports Marquette is working with John Cabot University to provide support to Carr's roommates and friends in Rome. Counseling services are also available on Marquette's campus for all faculty, staff and students.
- Criminal charges being considered against student who posted threatening picture
- Former village employee arrested on water meter tampering, theft charges
- MPD: Car hit with gunfire, no injuries reported in west side shooting
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Darlington officer spooks masked men, thwarts theft of UTV, police say
- Milwaukee man charged in Appleton police shooting incident