MILWAUKEE - Veteran pollster Charles Franklin is joining the Marquette University Law School, boosting the school's standing in the competitive field of political polling.
Franklin taught political science at the University of Wisconsin-Madison since 1992. He was a visiting professor at Marquette last year, and Thursday's announcement makes the appointment full-time.
Franklin and his Marquette team release polls every few months on federal and state political races as well as public policy issues. His polls during the 2012 election cycle accurately predicted the outcome of the governor's recall race and presidential and U.S. Senate races.
He plans to release his next poll Tuesday afternoon.
Franklin co-founded pollster.com, which offers nonpartisan polling analysis. He is also an elected fellow with the Society for Political Methodology.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land