MILWAUKEE - Veteran pollster Charles Franklin is joining the Marquette University Law School, boosting the school's standing in the competitive field of political polling.
Franklin taught political science at the University of Wisconsin-Madison since 1992. He was a visiting professor at Marquette last year, and Thursday's announcement makes the appointment full-time.
Franklin and his Marquette team release polls every few months on federal and state political races as well as public policy issues. His polls during the 2012 election cycle accurately predicted the outcome of the governor's recall race and presidential and U.S. Senate races.
He plans to release his next poll Tuesday afternoon.
Franklin co-founded pollster.com, which offers nonpartisan polling analysis. He is also an elected fellow with the Society for Political Methodology.
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter