MADISON, Wis. - A 34-year-old's leg was run over by an SUV after a group of men attacked him outside an east side nightclub early Saturday morning, Madison police said.
Officers responded to the 3700 block of East Washington Avenue around 2:10 a.m. for reports of a significant disturbance where a man was reported to be bleeding after an assault, according to a release.
A 34-year-old man and his wife had gone to a nightclub and came into contact with Juan F. Serate-Trampal, 38, of Madison, police said. Based on the hostile nature of the encounter, the bar staff separated the party and Serate-Trampal left the area.
The 34-year-old and several other people started walking to their vehicle when several men exited an SUV and attacked him, according to the release. The 34-year-old fell to the ground, and as he attempted to get up the SUV ran over his leg and then fled the scene.
The 34-year-old was taken to a local hospital, and was treated for non-life-threatening injuries, officials said.
During an investigation, Serate-Trampal was arrested on tentative charges of first-degree reckless endangering safety, substantial battery and simple battery.Madison crime map
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs