MADISON, Wis. - A 34-year-old's leg was run over by an SUV after a group of men attacked him outside an east side nightclub early Saturday morning, Madison police said.
Officers responded to the 3700 block of East Washington Avenue around 2:10 a.m. for reports of a significant disturbance where a man was reported to be bleeding after an assault, according to a release.
A 34-year-old man and his wife had gone to a nightclub and came into contact with Juan F. Serate-Trampal, 38, of Madison, police said. Based on the hostile nature of the encounter, the bar staff separated the party and Serate-Trampal left the area.
The 34-year-old and several other people started walking to their vehicle when several men exited an SUV and attacked him, according to the release. The 34-year-old fell to the ground, and as he attempted to get up the SUV ran over his leg and then fled the scene.
The 34-year-old was taken to a local hospital, and was treated for non-life-threatening injuries, officials said.
During an investigation, Serate-Trampal was arrested on tentative charges of first-degree reckless endangering safety, substantial battery and simple battery.Madison crime map
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart