MILWAUKEE - Firefighters have removed the body of a man from a river in downtown Milwaukee.
Construction crews working near the Milwaukee River discovered the body about 9 a.m. Thursday. There's no initial word on the identity of the body.
Police told WISN-TV the deceased is not Nick Wilcox. Family and friends have been searching for the 24-year-old college student since Jan. 1 when he was last seen leaving a bar blocks from the river.
Milwaukee police have also been looking for 22-year-old Evon Young, who disappeared Jan. 2.
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two