The mayor of Manitowoc says the beer bottles will be saved.
Mayor Justin Nickels and Riverland Ag Corp. said Monday an agreement has been reached to preserve the familiar Anheuser-Busch bottles that have been part of the landscape in downtown Manitowoc for nearly 20 years.
Nickels cites a flood of emails from the public asking to let the murals stand.
Riverland Ag bought the old malting plant from the beer maker last year. It had until the end of this year to remove the beer signage on three tall grain silos downtown.
The Herald Times Reporter newspaper reports the mayor says residents will be expected to donate their time, talent and money to help restore and maintain the mural.
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow