MADISON, Wis. - Dodge County officials say a search for a man who allegedly stole a vehicle and fled from police is still ongoing.
Deputies are looking for William C. Rennhack, and say he is potentially armed and has active warrants out for his arrest.
Officials were investigating a report of a stolen vehicle near the town of Oconomowoc around 1:20 p.m. Wednesday when the stolen vehicle was located and led police on a short pursuit, according to a release.
A short time later the vehicle was found in the area of Monroe and Lafollette roads in the town of Lebanon, officials said. A man fled on foot and law enforcement began a search of the area.
Rennhack is described as a white male, approximately 21 years old, 6 feet 2 inches tall, weighing 170 pounds with red hair and brown eyes.
Officials ask citizens to call 911 and not make contact with Rennhack if they see him.
Deputies are asking residents in the area of Monroe and Lafollette roads near the village of Ashippun and town of Lebanon to report any suspicious people in the area, according to the release. They also ask that people in the area secure their homes, garages and vehicles.
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors2
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head