MADISON, Wis. - Dodge County officials say a search for a man who allegedly stole a vehicle and fled from police is still ongoing.
Deputies are looking for William C. Rennhack, and say he is potentially armed and has active warrants out for his arrest.
Officials were investigating a report of a stolen vehicle near the town of Oconomowoc around 1:20 p.m. Wednesday when the stolen vehicle was located and led police on a short pursuit, according to a release.
A short time later the vehicle was found in the area of Monroe and Lafollette roads in the town of Lebanon, officials said. A man fled on foot and law enforcement began a search of the area.
Rennhack is described as a white male, approximately 21 years old, 6 feet 2 inches tall, weighing 170 pounds with red hair and brown eyes.
Officials ask citizens to call 911 and not make contact with Rennhack if they see him.
Deputies are asking residents in the area of Monroe and Lafollette roads near the village of Ashippun and town of Lebanon to report any suspicious people in the area, according to the release. They also ask that people in the area secure their homes, garages and vehicles.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street