MADISON, Wis. - Police said a Madison man was wounded in a struggle for a gun on Madison's east side Saturday morning.
The Madison Police Department said a 25-year-old man was in a motel room on the 4200 block of East Towne Boulevard at 4:35 a.m. when two armed men entered.
Police said the men had handguns, demanded cash and a fight began. During the struggle, a weapon was discharged and the 25-year-old suffered a non-life-threatening wound to his hip area.
Police said the robbery did not appear to be random.
The suspects were described as black men in their 20s.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK