MADISON, Wis. - Police said a Madison man was wounded in a struggle for a gun on Madison's east side Saturday morning.
The Madison Police Department said a 25-year-old man was in a motel room on the 4200 block of East Towne Boulevard at 4:35 a.m. when two armed men entered.
Police said the men had handguns, demanded cash and a fight began. During the struggle, a weapon was discharged and the 25-year-old suffered a non-life-threatening wound to his hip area.
Police said the robbery did not appear to be random.
The suspects were described as black men in their 20s.
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Agriculture secretary to Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Food delivery drivers targeted in Madison robberies, police say
- Fire marshal called to 2 fires in Jefferson County
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say