MADISON, Wis. - Police said a Madison man was wounded in a struggle for a gun on Madison's east side Saturday morning.
The Madison Police Department said a 25-year-old man was in a motel room on the 4200 block of East Towne Boulevard at 4:35 a.m. when two armed men entered.
Police said the men had handguns, demanded cash and a fight began. During the struggle, a weapon was discharged and the 25-year-old suffered a non-life-threatening wound to his hip area.
Police said the robbery did not appear to be random.
The suspects were described as black men in their 20s.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land