JANESVILLE, Wis. - A man was arrested after Janesville police surrounded a house for nearly six hours Wednesday night.
Police were called to 3516 Curry Lane at 8:25 p.m. for a report of a 31-year-old man who got into an argument with his mother and stepfather before threatening to commit suicide. The parents left the home and told police there was a loaded handgun, a rifle and a shotgun in the home.
Police surrounded the home and tried to contact the man by telephone and public address without success. The Janesville police SWAT and Hostage Negotiation Team was called to assist.
Officers were not getting any response from the man and didn't see any movement inside the home, so police entered the home and secured the first floor.
Police made contact with Jason J. Peebles in the lower level of the home and he was taken into custody at 2:12 a.m.
Peebles was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct in a domestic incident and on a bench warrant for non-support of a child.19888916
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program