JANESVILLE, Wis. - A man was arrested after Janesville police surrounded a house for nearly six hours Wednesday night.
Police were called to 3516 Curry Lane at 8:25 p.m. for a report of a 31-year-old man who got into an argument with his mother and stepfather before threatening to commit suicide. The parents left the home and told police there was a loaded handgun, a rifle and a shotgun in the home.
Police surrounded the home and tried to contact the man by telephone and public address without success. The Janesville police SWAT and Hostage Negotiation Team was called to assist.
Officers were not getting any response from the man and didn't see any movement inside the home, so police entered the home and secured the first floor.
Police made contact with Jason J. Peebles in the lower level of the home and he was taken into custody at 2:12 a.m.
Peebles was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct in a domestic incident and on a bench warrant for non-support of a child.19888916
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood