MADISON, Wis. - Police said a man attempted to rob a woman at gunpoint in her home Wednesday afternoon.
The Madison Police Department said a 24-year-old Madison woman was in her apartment on the 4700 block of Cottage Grove Road at about 2:41 p.m. when a man forced his way in and demanded money.
The woman told police the man asked her where the money was kept. Police said the man fled empty-handed. According to the report, detectives do not believe this was a random crime.
Police described the man as black, 5 feet 6 inches tall, with a medium-to-light complexion, husky build, short hair and tattoos. He was wearing a red, short-sleeve shirt, dark jeans, white shoes and a blue bandana over his mouth, police said.
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers