MADISON, Wis. - Police said a man attempted to rob a woman at gunpoint in her home Wednesday afternoon.
The Madison Police Department said a 24-year-old Madison woman was in her apartment on the 4700 block of Cottage Grove Road at about 2:41 p.m. when a man forced his way in and demanded money.
The woman told police the man asked her where the money was kept. Police said the man fled empty-handed. According to the report, detectives do not believe this was a random crime.
Police described the man as black, 5 feet 6 inches tall, with a medium-to-light complexion, husky build, short hair and tattoos. He was wearing a red, short-sleeve shirt, dark jeans, white shoes and a blue bandana over his mouth, police said.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need