LANCASTER, Wis. - The man who led authorities on a high-speed chase has been formally charged in Grant County, according to a release.
James Kruger was arrested after a multi-county high-speed chase. During the chase he allegedly kidnapped a hostage and stole two vehicles.
Kruger is being charged with repeat offenses of attempting to flee or elude a traffic officer, armed robbery, two counts of pointing a firearm at another person, strangulation and suffocation, misdemeanor battery, discharging a firearm from a vehicle towards a person and taking hostages, according to the release. He is also charged with eight counts of felony bail-jumping.
Kruger will be in Grant County court Friday morning. He also faces charges in Iowa County and federal charges.
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century