LANCASTER, Wis. - The man who led authorities on a high-speed chase has been formally charged in Grant County, according to a release.
James Kruger was arrested after a multi-county high-speed chase. During the chase he allegedly kidnapped a hostage and stole two vehicles.
Kruger is being charged with repeat offenses of attempting to flee or elude a traffic officer, armed robbery, two counts of pointing a firearm at another person, strangulation and suffocation, misdemeanor battery, discharging a firearm from a vehicle towards a person and taking hostages, according to the release. He is also charged with eight counts of felony bail-jumping.
Kruger will be in Grant County court Friday morning. He also faces charges in Iowa County and federal charges.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says