A 61-year-old man died after he was pulled from a house fire in the Town of Lyndon on Christmas, according to the Juneau County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Jordan Road at 3:39 p.m. for a report of a fire discovered by a neighbor. Fire officials said the home was fully engulfed in flames when they arrived.
A neighbor or passerby entered the house and were able to get Richard A. Stechauner, 61, out, according to the fire department. There was no one else in the house, deputies said.
Stechauner later died from injuries suffered in the fire.
The Kilbourn Fire Department said that as of Wednesday night they had not found anything suspicious about the fire and they cannot pinpoint where the fire might have started.
The cause of death is still under investigation pending the results from toxicology and investigative reports, according to a release.
The Wisconsin Dells Fire Department and Lyndon Station Fire Department were called to fight the fire.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says