A 61-year-old man died after he was pulled from a house fire in the Town of Lyndon on Christmas, according to the Juneau County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Jordan Road at 3:39 p.m. for a report of a fire discovered by a neighbor. Fire officials said the home was fully engulfed in flames when they arrived.
A neighbor or passerby entered the house and were able to get Richard A. Stechauner, 61, out, according to the fire department. There was no one else in the house, deputies said.
Stechauner later died from injuries suffered in the fire.
The Kilbourn Fire Department said that as of Wednesday night they had not found anything suspicious about the fire and they cannot pinpoint where the fire might have started.
The cause of death is still under investigation pending the results from toxicology and investigative reports, according to a release.
The Wisconsin Dells Fire Department and Lyndon Station Fire Department were called to fight the fire.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire