MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man who said he is fatigued with recall politics is taking a creative approach to discourage people from expressing politics on their front lawns.
Scott Scharf put a yard sign on his lawn to "Recall Yard Signs."
He said he's seen too many people get into fist fights over Gov. Scott Walker and Tom Barrett. They're only focused on party lines, Scharf said, not the issues at hand.
"It's the opinions," Scharf said. "Everyone's got an opinion about something and they put up a generic (yard) sign instead of putting up a sign that really says something."
The Recall Yard Signs sign has been up for three months and Scharf said it's been getting great feedback. People have even been stopping their cars to take pictures next to it.
Scharf said he's not sure when he'll take the sign down.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK