MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested Wednesday after police said he pawned several items that were reported stolen.
Madison police said Blake Asmussen, 30, was charged with theft after he pawned electrical cords and spools of wire.
According to the report, Asmussen said he found the cord on the curb and believed they were part of the unwanted items found on the curb during moving season downtown.
The items were reported stolen from a construction site on the 900 block of Drake Street, police said. The had gone missing sometime Tuesday night.
Police said the items turned up at a Park Street metal recycler and records indicated Asmussen had just sold the items to the business.
Police said Asmussen said he found the wire weeks ago, but the officer said the wire had only been stolen overnight.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land