MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested Wednesday after police said he pawned several items that were reported stolen.
Madison police said Blake Asmussen, 30, was charged with theft after he pawned electrical cords and spools of wire.
According to the report, Asmussen said he found the cord on the curb and believed they were part of the unwanted items found on the curb during moving season downtown.
The items were reported stolen from a construction site on the 900 block of Drake Street, police said. The had gone missing sometime Tuesday night.
Police said the items turned up at a Park Street metal recycler and records indicated Asmussen had just sold the items to the business.
Police said Asmussen said he found the wire weeks ago, but the officer said the wire had only been stolen overnight.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says