MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was suspected of drunken driving Sunday morning after police said he struck a concrete barricade and tipped his car on its side.
Madison police said Jimmy Basusua, 34, was driving on Frances Street at about 2:51 a.m. near construction when he hit a barrier with his right front tire. The car drove up on the concrete barricade causing the vehicle to tip onto its driver side.
Basusa was briefly trapped, police said. Basusa was charged with a first-offense operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and deviating from the traffic lane, police said.
No other property was damaged and no one else was injured, according to the report.Madison crime map
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police
- Victim tells police man who stabbed him frequently ‘mooches' from him
- Remains of 3 Ohio plane crash victims identified
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates