MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was suspected of drunken driving Sunday morning after police said he struck a concrete barricade and tipped his car on its side.
Madison police said Jimmy Basusua, 34, was driving on Frances Street at about 2:51 a.m. near construction when he hit a barrier with his right front tire. The car drove up on the concrete barricade causing the vehicle to tip onto its driver side.
Basusa was briefly trapped, police said. Basusa was charged with a first-offense operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and deviating from the traffic lane, police said.
No other property was damaged and no one else was injured, according to the report.Madison crime map
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say