Janesville police have arrested a 42-year-old resident after they found his car in the parking lot of Mercy hospital with a garbage can underneath the front bumper.
Police arrested Robert Briggs of Janesville around 11:15 p.m. Sunday.
Briggs admitted to police he had been drinking, and police said Briggs failed standardized field sobriety tests.
Briggs had a revoked driver's license at the time of the incident. He faces his his fourth charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls