Janesville police have arrested a 42-year-old resident after they found his car in the parking lot of Mercy hospital with a garbage can underneath the front bumper.
Police arrested Robert Briggs of Janesville around 11:15 p.m. Sunday.
Briggs admitted to police he had been drinking, and police said Briggs failed standardized field sobriety tests.
Briggs had a revoked driver's license at the time of the incident. He faces his his fourth charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns