MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested on numerous charges after two high-speed pursuits that ended with a crash, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
A Monona police officer attempted to stop a vehicle going more than 100 mph on the Beltline at 1 a.m. The officer ended the pursuit after the suspect vehicle exited the Beltline at Highway 51.
A deputy spotted the vehicle a short time later on Milwaukee Street at Highway 51. The deputy said the vehicle increased speed and ran two stop lights. The driver failed to negotiate a turn, collided with a retaining wall and came to rest at 3260 Milwaukee St.
The driver, Kevin Gill Jr, 31, of Madison, was arrested after a short foot pursuit, deputies said.
Gill was arrested on suspicion of third-offense operating while intoxicated, eluding, operating after revocation and bail jumping. Additional charges are pending from Monona Police Department.
The pursuit covered less than a mile and no other vehicles were involved in the crash.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program