MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested on numerous charges after two high-speed pursuits that ended with a crash, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
A Monona police officer attempted to stop a vehicle going more than 100 mph on the Beltline at 1 a.m. The officer ended the pursuit after the suspect vehicle exited the Beltline at Highway 51.
A deputy spotted the vehicle a short time later on Milwaukee Street at Highway 51. The deputy said the vehicle increased speed and ran two stop lights. The driver failed to negotiate a turn, collided with a retaining wall and came to rest at 3260 Milwaukee St.
The driver, Kevin Gill Jr, 31, of Madison, was arrested after a short foot pursuit, deputies said.
Gill was arrested on suspicion of third-offense operating while intoxicated, eluding, operating after revocation and bail jumping. Additional charges are pending from Monona Police Department.
The pursuit covered less than a mile and no other vehicles were involved in the crash.
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer