PORTAGE, Wis. - A Waupun man who has 10 prior convictions for operating while intoxicated was arrested on suspicion of operating while under the influence of drugs, according to the Columbia County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said a pickup truck driven by Lonnie S. Groeschl, 49, was pulled over on State Highway 22 south of Wyocena at 8:30 p.m. Thursday for an equipment violation.
Groeschl was arrested during the traffic stop.
He was also arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana with intent to deliver and possession of paraphernalia.
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash
- Russian officials: We're not counting on Trump to lift sanctions