PORTAGE, Wis. - A Waupun man who has 10 prior convictions for operating while intoxicated was arrested on suspicion of operating while under the influence of drugs, according to the Columbia County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said a pickup truck driven by Lonnie S. Groeschl, 49, was pulled over on State Highway 22 south of Wyocena at 8:30 p.m. Thursday for an equipment violation.
Groeschl was arrested during the traffic stop.
He was also arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana with intent to deliver and possession of paraphernalia.
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 reopens near Blue Mounds after semi vs. car crash
- Police: Family member found elderly woman dead in garage with head wound