BARABOO, Wis. - A Gotham man is suspected of burglarizing one home and attempting to burglarize another, according to the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to a home on Dale Road in the town of Washington on April 4 when the homeowner found someone had been inside their home while they were gone. A 60 inch flat screen television was taken from the living room and a 9 mm gun was taken from a bedroom.
On April 7, deputies were called to a residence on County Road G near Hillpoint in the town of Washington for a report of an attempted burglary. A woman told deputies someone kicked in her back door while she was home. She said the burglars left when they saw her, and she saw them drive away in a silver Dodge Caravan and got the license plate number.
Deputies arrested Austin J. Vonbehren, 24, on April 10 on a probation warrant. Deputies said he admitted to his involvement in the burglary and attempted burglary and said he sold the stolen goods in Madison.
Vonbehren was arrested on suspicion of burglary, attempted burglary, misdemeanor theft, criminal damage to property and bail jumping.
- Man credits Mental Health First Aid for saving co-worker's life
- Adams County woman missing 10 days found safe
- Attorney: Robinson settlement a calculated decision by city's insurer
- Dane County looks into another option for jail renovation
- Attorney says officer 'hung out to dry' in settlement
- Lawmakers, group calling on governor to improve schools' drinking water