BARABOO, Wis. - A Gotham man is suspected of burglarizing one home and attempting to burglarize another, according to the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to a home on Dale Road in the town of Washington on April 4 when the homeowner found someone had been inside their home while they were gone. A 60 inch flat screen television was taken from the living room and a 9 mm gun was taken from a bedroom.
On April 7, deputies were called to a residence on County Road G near Hillpoint in the town of Washington for a report of an attempted burglary. A woman told deputies someone kicked in her back door while she was home. She said the burglars left when they saw her, and she saw them drive away in a silver Dodge Caravan and got the license plate number.
Deputies arrested Austin J. Vonbehren, 24, on April 10 on a probation warrant. Deputies said he admitted to his involvement in the burglary and attempted burglary and said he sold the stolen goods in Madison.
Vonbehren was arrested on suspicion of burglary, attempted burglary, misdemeanor theft, criminal damage to property and bail jumping.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks