BARABOO, Wis. - A Gotham man is suspected of burglarizing one home and attempting to burglarize another, according to the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to a home on Dale Road in the town of Washington on April 4 when the homeowner found someone had been inside their home while they were gone. A 60 inch flat screen television was taken from the living room and a 9 mm gun was taken from a bedroom.
On April 7, deputies were called to a residence on County Road G near Hillpoint in the town of Washington for a report of an attempted burglary. A woman told deputies someone kicked in her back door while she was home. She said the burglars left when they saw her, and she saw them drive away in a silver Dodge Caravan and got the license plate number.
Deputies arrested Austin J. Vonbehren, 24, on April 10 on a probation warrant. Deputies said he admitted to his involvement in the burglary and attempted burglary and said he sold the stolen goods in Madison.
Vonbehren was arrested on suspicion of burglary, attempted burglary, misdemeanor theft, criminal damage to property and bail jumping.
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion