TOWN OF MONROE, Wis. - A near crash between two snowmobiles outside Monroe Tuesday led to a man suffering leg injuries when he tried to get his sled out of a ditch, according to the Green County Sheriff's Department.
The incident happened on the Badger State Trail in the Town of Monroe just before 5 p.m. Wednesday.
According to the sheriff's department, Brian Budak, 27, of West Des Moines, Iowa was going south on the trail on his snowmobile when he drove off the trail to avoid running into another sled.
When he tried to get the snowmobile out of a ditch, Budak lifted up the rear of the sled as Shawn Budak of Monroe operated the throttle. However, the snowmobile, with studded track, backed over Brian Budak's leg.
Sheriff's officials said Budak was taken to Monroe Clinic for his injuries.
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids