TOWN OF MONROE, Wis. - A near crash between two snowmobiles outside Monroe Tuesday led to a man suffering leg injuries when he tried to get his sled out of a ditch, according to the Green County Sheriff's Department.
The incident happened on the Badger State Trail in the Town of Monroe just before 5 p.m. Wednesday.
According to the sheriff's department, Brian Budak, 27, of West Des Moines, Iowa was going south on the trail on his snowmobile when he drove off the trail to avoid running into another sled.
When he tried to get the snowmobile out of a ditch, Budak lifted up the rear of the sled as Shawn Budak of Monroe operated the throttle. However, the snowmobile, with studded track, backed over Brian Budak's leg.
Sheriff's officials said Budak was taken to Monroe Clinic for his injuries.
- Madison police make arrest in robbery near Overture Center
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer