TOWN OF FULTON, Wis. - A man suffered burns to his legs and arms in a barn fire Thursday afternoon.
The Edgerton Fire Department and the Rock County Sheriff's Office responded to a at about 1:15 p.m. to building fire at 8201 N. County H, which is a private farm in the town of Fulton.
Deputies arrived to find a barn fully engulfed in flames.
The Rock County Sheriff's Office said an investigation showed that the property owner, Rick E. Thompson, 54, was working on the fuel system of a vehicle, and the fuel ignited with a work light and started a fire around the vehicle.
Thompson was able to escape the fire but not before being burned, according to sheriff's officials.
He was attended to by Edgerton EMS and Janesville paramedics. Med Flight helicopter was also used to assist the EMS crews, but Thompson was transported to a hospital by ambulance.
Evansville, Milton and Cambridge Fire Departments also assisted in extinguishing the fire.
Sheriff's officials said it appears that the barn structure was a total loss.
County H between West County M and Gibbs Lake Road will be closed until early Thursday evening to assist fire crews in cleaning up the scene.
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 reopens near Blue Mounds after semi vs. car crash
- Police: Family member found elderly woman dead in garage with head wound