MADISON, Wis. - A 19-year-old Madison man suffered a head injury when he was struck with a gun during a robbery, according to a release from Madison police.
Police were called to a hospital to talk to the man who said he and some of his friends were robbed by several other young men in a parking lot near the 400 block of West Gilman Street at 2:30 a.m. Monday. He told police he didn't call because his phone's battery was dead.
He told police one of the men had a handgun and the other had a shotgun.
Police said the robbery does not appear to be random.
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park
- Missing girl found in Fort Atkinson man's home; man faces federal kidnapping charges
- 2 seen fleeing scene of gunfire, crash, police say
- Prosecutor: Deputy was justified in shooting
- Man beaten, robbed outside apartment, police say