MADISON, Wis. - A 19-year-old Madison man suffered a head injury when he was struck with a gun during a robbery, according to a release from Madison police.
Police were called to a hospital to talk to the man who said he and some of his friends were robbed by several other young men in a parking lot near the 400 block of West Gilman Street at 2:30 a.m. Monday. He told police he didn't call because his phone's battery was dead.
He told police one of the men had a handgun and the other had a shotgun.
Police said the robbery does not appear to be random.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry