MADISON, Wis. - A man was stabbed at Warner Park Thursday after a fight broke out around 7:14 p.m., according to a release.
A 54-year-old man and the suspect were on a picnic table with a female when they began to argue, police said. A fight eventually broke out and the suspect pulled out a small folding knife.
The man was stabbed four to five times, causing relatively minor injuries, according to the release.
Officials said the female at the table was able to wrestle the knife away from the suspect who then ran into the woods.
The suspect was apprehended and transported to a hospital for minor injuries, according to the release. He is in custody.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns