MADISON, Wis. - A man was stabbed at Warner Park Thursday after a fight broke out around 7:14 p.m., according to a release.
A 54-year-old man and the suspect were on a picnic table with a female when they began to argue, police said. A fight eventually broke out and the suspect pulled out a small folding knife.
The man was stabbed four to five times, causing relatively minor injuries, according to the release.
Officials said the female at the table was able to wrestle the knife away from the suspect who then ran into the woods.
The suspect was apprehended and transported to a hospital for minor injuries, according to the release. He is in custody.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs