MADISON, Wis. - An east side resident who spotted a man in a neighbor's car led police to make two theft arrests, according to a release from Madison police.
The man was spotted going into the car in the 4700 block of Goldfinch Drive early Sunday morning. When police arrived they found the man in the passenger seat of another car driven by a 16-year-old girl.
Police said they believe the teen was the man's getaway driver.
Antonio G. Richards, 26, of Madison and the teen both denied wrongdoing. Police said a smart phone, credit cards and ID cards stolen from cars parked on Bob-O-Link Lane were found in the car.
Richards was arrested on suspicion of theft from a motor vehicle and possession of an illegally obtained prescription.
The 16-year-old girl was arrested on suspicion of party to the crime of theft from a motor vehicle, possession of drug paraphernalia and obstructing.Madison crime map
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Madison cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case