PESHTIGO, Wis. - Police say a man sought in connection with a death investigation in Peshtigo has been taken into custody.
Authorities were looking for 48-year-old Brent Kaempf of Peshtigo as a person of interest in the investigation. He was taken into custody Sunday night.
The state Department of Justice says Kaempf was in a relationship with the victim at the time of her death. The woman was identified Monday as 45-year-old Patricia Waschbisch, of Peshtigo.
The Justice Department says investigators are treating her death as a homicide.
More information was expected to be released at a news conference Tuesday morning in Marinette.
WLUK-TV reported the death happened Sunday evening in Peshtigo.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire