PESHTIGO, Wis. - Police say a man sought in connection with a death investigation in Peshtigo has been taken into custody.
Authorities were looking for 48-year-old Brent Kaempf of Peshtigo as a person of interest in the investigation. He was taken into custody Sunday night.
The state Department of Justice says Kaempf was in a relationship with the victim at the time of her death. The woman was identified Monday as 45-year-old Patricia Waschbisch, of Peshtigo.
The Justice Department says investigators are treating her death as a homicide.
More information was expected to be released at a news conference Tuesday morning in Marinette.
WLUK-TV reported the death happened Sunday evening in Peshtigo.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike