BELOIT, Wis. - Police arrested a Beloit man Saturday on suspicion of murder.
Tevon Marley, 29, of Harvey, Ill., was arrested by Beloit police and U.S. Marshals at about 1:30 p.m., Beloit Police Capt. Vince Sciame said.
According to the report, Beloit detectives and U.S. marshals found Marley hiding in the attic of the house at 1900 Elmwood Ave. Officers talked Marley out of hiding and took him into custody on a murder warrant.
Police believe Marley shot 19-year-old Ricky Sims Jr. multiple times on Merrill Street on Nov. 4. Sims, from Chicago, died during surgery at Beloit Hospital as a result of his injuries.
Beloit police have been searching for Marley since Nov. 5.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls