BELOIT, Wis. - Police arrested a Beloit man Saturday on suspicion of murder.
Tevon Marley, 29, of Harvey, Ill., was arrested by Beloit police and U.S. Marshals at about 1:30 p.m., Beloit Police Capt. Vince Sciame said.
According to the report, Beloit detectives and U.S. marshals found Marley hiding in the attic of the house at 1900 Elmwood Ave. Officers talked Marley out of hiding and took him into custody on a murder warrant.
Police believe Marley shot 19-year-old Ricky Sims Jr. multiple times on Merrill Street on Nov. 4. Sims, from Chicago, died during surgery at Beloit Hospital as a result of his injuries.
Beloit police have been searching for Marley since Nov. 5.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns