FOOTVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man faces fourth-offense operating while intoxicated charges after deputies were dispatched to a vehicle where he was slumped over the wheel, according to a release.
Around 5:30 a.m. Sunday deputies went to the intersection of Edwards and Centre streets in the village of Footville for a report of a vehicle sitting in the intersection with a man slumped over the wheel, officials said.
Deputies found Joshua C. Hoover, 35, inside the vehicle, and could smell alcohol in the vehicle, according to the release. Deputies asked Hoover to complete standardized field sobriety tests, and he was taken into custody on OWI charges.
Hoover was also cited for operating with a revoked license and having open intoxicants in a motor vehicle. He is being held in the Rock County Jail until an initial court appearance on Monday.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land