MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police say an armed man has been shot by an officer at a north side residence.
Sgt. Mark Stanmeyer said police were called to the home about 4 a.m. Tuesday on a report of a suicidal man. Stanmeyer said a sergeant went into the house, felt threatened by the armed man and shot him twice. Police said there were others in the home at the time, but no one else was injured.
The 56-year-old man was taken to the hospital. There's no immediate word on his condition.
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK