MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police say an armed man has been shot by an officer at a north side residence.
Sgt. Mark Stanmeyer said police were called to the home about 4 a.m. Tuesday on a report of a suicidal man. Stanmeyer said a sergeant went into the house, felt threatened by the armed man and shot him twice. Police said there were others in the home at the time, but no one else was injured.
The 56-year-old man was taken to the hospital. There's no immediate word on his condition.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers