MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a man was arrested at gunpoint after he was spotted shooting at ducks from a deck on Lake Mendota.
Officers were called to 12 Langdon St. at 5:58 p.m. Sunday after a concerned citizen witnessed the man shooting at ducks with a long gun. Officers said shots could be heard.
Samuel M. Hennessey, 18, of Madison, was using a realistic-looking pellet gun with a bipod system on its front, according to police.
Hennessey was arrested for discharge of firearms and for being an underage person intentionally carrying an ID that isn't theirs. He might also be cited for hunting waterfowl outside of season.
No wounded or dead ducks were found.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land