MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a man was arrested at gunpoint after he was spotted shooting at ducks from a deck on Lake Mendota.
Officers were called to 12 Langdon St. at 5:58 p.m. Sunday after a concerned citizen witnessed the man shooting at ducks with a long gun. Officers said shots could be heard.
Samuel M. Hennessey, 18, of Madison, was using a realistic-looking pellet gun with a bipod system on its front, according to police.
Hennessey was arrested for discharge of firearms and for being an underage person intentionally carrying an ID that isn't theirs. He might also be cited for hunting waterfowl outside of season.
No wounded or dead ducks were found.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets