LYNDON STATION, Wis. - Authorities said a man was seriously injured in a crash with a tractor Tuesday afternoon in Juneau County.
Wisconsin State Patrol said it responded to a report of a two-vehicle crash on County HH in the town of Kildare at about 2 p.m.
According to the report, 75-year-old James Gordon, of Lyndon Station, was driving a Ford Escort station wagon when it impacted the rear left tire of a McCormick tractor, which was traveling on the right shoulder of the roadway. The tractor, driven by 56-year-old Douglas Bachim, of Mauston, was operating an attachment for mowing the road shoulder.
Gordon was taken by EMS for treatment and later flown to UW Hospital by MedLink Air with life-threatening injuries. In a news release Saturday morning, State Patrol said Gordon's condition was serious.
Bachim suffered non-life-threatening injuries, was taken to Hess Memorial Hospital and was released, the report said.
State Patrol said investigators have conducted a reconstruction of the crash and enforcement action was pending the investigation.
State Patrol said County HH was closed for about four hours Tuesday.
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion