MADISON, Wis. - A man who was arrested on a charge of operating while intoxicated following a hit-and-run crash in September has been sentenced to prison.
Dennis Barghols, 60, was sentenced in Grant County Circuit Court to four years in prison and three years of extended supervision for his seventh OWI.
Other conditions of his sentence include revocation of driving privileges for three years, alcohol assessment and a driver safety plan. He is also ordered to comply with ignition interlock requirements for three years.
In September, the Grant County Sheriff's Office said deputies arrested Barghols after he was involved in a hit-and-run crash to several vehicles along Main Street in the Village of Dickeyville.
Sheriff's officials said Barghols fled the scene and was later located on County Highway H in the Town of Smelser.
- Chief: Monday 'a horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime