MADISON, Wis. - A man who was arrested on a charge of operating while intoxicated following a hit-and-run crash in September has been sentenced to prison.
Dennis Barghols, 60, was sentenced in Grant County Circuit Court to four years in prison and three years of extended supervision for his seventh OWI.
Other conditions of his sentence include revocation of driving privileges for three years, alcohol assessment and a driver safety plan. He is also ordered to comply with ignition interlock requirements for three years.
In September, the Grant County Sheriff's Office said deputies arrested Barghols after he was involved in a hit-and-run crash to several vehicles along Main Street in the Village of Dickeyville.
Sheriff's officials said Barghols fled the scene and was later located on County Highway H in the Town of Smelser.
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed