MADISON, Wis. - A man who was arrested on a charge of operating while intoxicated following a hit-and-run crash in September has been sentenced to prison.
Dennis Barghols, 60, was sentenced in Grant County Circuit Court to four years in prison and three years of extended supervision for his seventh OWI.
Other conditions of his sentence include revocation of driving privileges for three years, alcohol assessment and a driver safety plan. He is also ordered to comply with ignition interlock requirements for three years.
In September, the Grant County Sheriff's Office said deputies arrested Barghols after he was involved in a hit-and-run crash to several vehicles along Main Street in the Village of Dickeyville.
Sheriff's officials said Barghols fled the scene and was later located on County Highway H in the Town of Smelser.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement