MADISON, Wis. - A man who was arrested on a charge of operating while intoxicated following a hit-and-run crash in September has been sentenced to prison.
Dennis Barghols, 60, was sentenced in Grant County Circuit Court to four years in prison and three years of extended supervision for his seventh OWI.
Other conditions of his sentence include revocation of driving privileges for three years, alcohol assessment and a driver safety plan. He is also ordered to comply with ignition interlock requirements for three years.
In September, the Grant County Sheriff's Office said deputies arrested Barghols after he was involved in a hit-and-run crash to several vehicles along Main Street in the Village of Dickeyville.
Sheriff's officials said Barghols fled the scene and was later located on County Highway H in the Town of Smelser.
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- State dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Madison man claims $50,000 lottery prize
- Consumer Reports: How to ease stress of moving
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field