MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was sentenced Monday to four years in prison after being convicted of conspiracy to distribute marijuana.
According to an Office of the United States Attorney statement, George Paquette and Ernesto Abeyta worked together with an intent to distribute marijuana between May and December of 2012. Abeyta was prosecuted and received 12 years in prison.
The charges resulted from a drug investigation conducted by the Madison Police Department, the Drug Enforcement Administration and Dane County Narcotics and Gang Task Force.
The statement said Paquette is currently serving an eight-year sentence in North Dakota for an unrelated 2011 conviction involving drug possession.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK