MADISON, Wis. - A man serving a nine-month probation sentence for strangulation failed to return to the Dane County Jail Tuesday, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
John R. Ryan Jr., 28, of Fort Atkinson, was released from the jail at 8:25 a.m. to attend school and failed to return at his scheduled time.
Ryan is described as white, 6 feet 3 inches tall, weighing 180 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing light-colored blue jeans and a tight-fitting black jacket.
Anyone with information on Ryan's whereabouts is asked to call 911.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK