MILWAUKEE - A West Allis man has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for driving over a woman in the street and killing her.
The judge Thursday added five years of extended supervision to 32-year-old Jesse Steinmetz's prison term.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that while on supervision, Steinmetz must undergo drug and alcohol assessment, maintain sobriety and perform 200 hours of community service.
Steinmetz pleaded no contest to homicide by negligent operation of a motor vehicle. He originally was charged with hit-and-run causing death.
Forty-five-year-old Mary Jane Moore was apparently lying in the street April 29 when she was run over.
Moore's son, 22-year-old Thomas Olson, died in a crash later that day, when he and a friend were rushing to the hospital after hearing Moore had been run over.
- Fatal shooting by deputy in Lincoln County investigated
- Parents, child care centers face problems with 4-year-old kindergarten
- Iconic funk drummer Clyde Stubblefield leaves an international legacy
- Stripper sues Cruisin' Chubbys Gentleman's Club
- Teacher uses personal story to educate students on eating disorders
- February will end with near-record high temps, threat of severe thunderstorms