MILWAUKEE - A West Allis man has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for driving over a woman in the street and killing her.
The judge Thursday added five years of extended supervision to 32-year-old Jesse Steinmetz's prison term.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that while on supervision, Steinmetz must undergo drug and alcohol assessment, maintain sobriety and perform 200 hours of community service.
Steinmetz pleaded no contest to homicide by negligent operation of a motor vehicle. He originally was charged with hit-and-run causing death.
Forty-five-year-old Mary Jane Moore was apparently lying in the street April 29 when she was run over.
Moore's son, 22-year-old Thomas Olson, died in a crash later that day, when he and a friend were rushing to the hospital after hearing Moore had been run over.
- Madison officer who shot at Metro Market killer awarded
- Edgerton man calls for action over medical billing problem
- Coalition calls on city to immediately fund 15-point violence prevention plan
- Sherrif's department investigates sexting scandal involving local high school students
- Impaired driving police operation nets in multiple arrests, 2 guns seized
- Semi hauling trailer filled with beer crashes, closes highway ramp, officials say