MADISON, Wis. - A Delavan man is sentenced Thursday to two years in prison and restitution for nine area pharmacy robberies, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.
Tony D. Taylor, 35, of Delavan, was accused of robbing drug stores over a four-month period throughout Dane County including in Monona, Verona, McFarland and five locations in Madison.
Taylor was arrested by DeForest police April 9 after pharmacy employees recognized the man from previous descriptions.
The indictment alleged that Taylor took oxycodone from stores on:
Jan. 10 - Walgreens Pharmacy, 2931 S. Fish Hatchery Road, Madison
Jan. 15 - Walgreens Pharmacy, 401 W. Main St., Waunakee
Jan. 23 - Walgreens Pharmacy, 7810 Mineral Point Road, Madison
Jan. 28 - Walgreens Pharmacy, 5300 Monona Dr., Monona
Feb. 6 - Walgreens Pharmacy, 2121 S. Park St., Madison
Feb. 22 - Walgreens Pharmacy, 8203 Old Sauk Road, Madison
March 19 - Hometown Pharmacy, 202 S. Main St., Verona
March 25 - Mallatt's Pharmacy, 3506 Monroe St., Madison
March 29 - McFarland Pharmacy, 4880 Larson Beach Road, McFarland
Prosecutors said Taylor committed the robberies to sustain his addiction to oxycodone.
Taylor was ordered to pay $18,754 to the pharmacies.
The charges against him are the result of an investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the DeForest, Waunakee, Monona, Madison, Verona, McFarland, Janesville and Beloit police departments.
- Madison police make arrest in robbery near Overture Center
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer