MAUSTON, Wis. - A Mauston man was arrested after he fled the scene of a crash that injured another driver Monday afternoon, according to a release from the Mauston Police Department.
Mauston police responded to the intersection of Highway 82 and Kennedy Street around 2:45 p.m. for reports of a traffic crash with injuries, officials said.
A 2004 red Dodge Ram failed to stop at the intersection and hit a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am wedging it into the back of a tow truck, investigators said.
The driver of the Pontiac, Todd Wehman, 52, of New Lisbon, suffered minor injuries and was transported to Mile Bluff Medical Center by Mauston Ambulance, according to the release. The operator of the Dodge, Jerry Ziminski, 53, of rural Mauston, fled the scene, but was found at a nearby truck stop.
Ziminski struggled with an arresting officer, but was eventually transported to Juneau County Jail on tentative charges of hit and run causing injury, third-offense operating while intoxicated and resisting or obstructing arrest.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online