MAUSTON, Wis. - A Mauston man was arrested after he fled the scene of a crash that injured another driver Monday afternoon, according to a release from the Mauston Police Department.
Mauston police responded to the intersection of Highway 82 and Kennedy Street around 2:45 p.m. for reports of a traffic crash with injuries, officials said.
A 2004 red Dodge Ram failed to stop at the intersection and hit a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am wedging it into the back of a tow truck, investigators said.
The driver of the Pontiac, Todd Wehman, 52, of New Lisbon, suffered minor injuries and was transported to Mile Bluff Medical Center by Mauston Ambulance, according to the release. The operator of the Dodge, Jerry Ziminski, 53, of rural Mauston, fled the scene, but was found at a nearby truck stop.
Ziminski struggled with an arresting officer, but was eventually transported to Juneau County Jail on tentative charges of hit and run causing injury, third-offense operating while intoxicated and resisting or obstructing arrest.
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change
- Fire crews ventilate parking garage fire in unique way
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- Mom, daughter face charges when 16 horses found with moldy hay, no water