FITCHBURG, Wis. - Fitchburg police said they are investigating a pharmacy robbery Thursday.
Police responded just before 5 p.m. to the Walgreens Pharmacy at 2931 S. Fish Hatchery Road on a report of a robbery.
According to the pharmacy staff, a man entered the store, approached the pharmacy counter. He demanded Oxycontin pills and implied that he had a weapon, according to a Fitchburg Police Department news release.
The pharmacy staff complied and the robber fled the store with an undisclosed amount of Oxycontin pills, police said.
Police said the robber is described as a white man, standing approximately 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing approximately 140 pounds. The man was wearing a black jacket over a blue hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans and Timberland-style work boots.
The robber concealed his identity by pulling the hooded sweatshirt over his head and face, according to the news release.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- State DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested