FITCHBURG, Wis. - Fitchburg police said they are investigating a pharmacy robbery Thursday.
Police responded just before 5 p.m. to the Walgreens Pharmacy at 2931 S. Fish Hatchery Road on a report of a robbery.
According to the pharmacy staff, a man entered the store, approached the pharmacy counter. He demanded Oxycontin pills and implied that he had a weapon, according to a Fitchburg Police Department news release.
The pharmacy staff complied and the robber fled the store with an undisclosed amount of Oxycontin pills, police said.
Police said the robber is described as a white man, standing approximately 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing approximately 140 pounds. The man was wearing a black jacket over a blue hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans and Timberland-style work boots.
The robber concealed his identity by pulling the hooded sweatshirt over his head and face, according to the news release.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls