MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man who arranged to sell his laptop on the Internet was robbed when he tried to meet with an interested buyer, according to police.
The 24-year-old victim told police he advertised the laptop for sale using a local website and arranged to meet the buyer in the parking lot of a restaurant in the 4500 block of East Washington Avenue.
The victim said that when he arrived Thursday night a man pointed what appeared to be a handgun at the victim and demanded the computer.
Police said the robber fled on foot with the laptop.
Police tried unsuccessfully to track the robber with a K-9.
The robber is described as black, in his 20s, 6 feet tall with a thin build and short dreadlocks. He was wearing a black baseball cap, a dark long-sleeve shirt, a puffy winter vest and dark pants.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement