MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man who arranged to sell his laptop on the Internet was robbed when he tried to meet with an interested buyer, according to police.
The 24-year-old victim told police he advertised the laptop for sale using a local website and arranged to meet the buyer in the parking lot of a restaurant in the 4500 block of East Washington Avenue.
The victim said that when he arrived Thursday night a man pointed what appeared to be a handgun at the victim and demanded the computer.
Police said the robber fled on foot with the laptop.
Police tried unsuccessfully to track the robber with a K-9.
The robber is described as black, in his 20s, 6 feet tall with a thin build and short dreadlocks. He was wearing a black baseball cap, a dark long-sleeve shirt, a puffy winter vest and dark pants.
- Enbridge says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists