MADISON, Wis. - One person had to be treated at a local hospital following an armed robbery at a park on Madison's south side late Tuesday night, according to Madison police.
The incident happened in Goodman Park in the 1400 block of Wingra Creek Parkway just before midnight Tuesday.
According to police, a man was near the softball fields in the park when a man approached him and demanded his belongings. When the victim refused, the man attacked him with a broken beer bottle.
Then the man stole the victim's yellow Mongoose bike with attached trailer and took off for Quann Park.
The victim suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was treated at a local hospital. Police are still looking for the man who allegedly stole the bike.
Police received Information during the investigation that the suspect is homeless and may frequent the downtown and south side areas of Madison.
Anyone with information about this case should call Madison Area Crimestoppers at (608) 266-6014.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program