MADISON - A Madison man was robbed at knife-point around near West Washington Avenue and Regent Street in downtown Madison Wednesday evening.
According to an alert sent out by University of Wisconsin police, around 6 p.m. a man walking on the bike path was stopped by another man who told him to give him his money.
The attacker displayed a knife and the man gave over an undisclosed amount of money.
According to Madison Police, the robber is described as a white man in his 20s, 6 feet tall, wearing a windbreaker jacket, blue jeans and a dark knit stocking cap.
The victim was not hurt in the robbery.
UWPD encouraged students and staff if they are ever involved in an armed robbery to turn over money, not to resist.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK