MADISON - A Madison man was robbed at knife-point around near West Washington Avenue and Regent Street in downtown Madison Wednesday evening.
According to an alert sent out by University of Wisconsin police, around 6 p.m. a man walking on the bike path was stopped by another man who told him to give him his money.
The attacker displayed a knife and the man gave over an undisclosed amount of money.
According to Madison Police, the robber is described as a white man in his 20s, 6 feet tall, wearing a windbreaker jacket, blue jeans and a dark knit stocking cap.
The victim was not hurt in the robbery.
UWPD encouraged students and staff if they are ever involved in an armed robbery to turn over money, not to resist.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs