MADISON, Wis. - Police said a Madison teen was mugged while walking in Marlborough Park.
The 17-year-old told Madison police he was near Apache Drive in the park Tuesday at about 9 p.m. when a robber told him he had a gun and punched the boy.
According to the report, the robber took the teen's wallet and keys and rode off on a bike.
Police described the thief as a black man between 20 to 25 years old, 5 feet 5 inches tall, about 160 pounds with a tattoo from the elbow to the wrist on his left forearm and a birthmark on his right forearm.
The man was wearing a black T-shirt, long jean shorts, a backward red baseball cap -- possibly Chicago Bulls -- and was riding a black BMX-style bicycle, the report said.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say