MADISON, Wis. - Two downtown residents were injured in a fight outside a bar early Sunday morning when another man punched and head-butted them, police said.
The two 22-year-old Madison residents were at a bar in the 500 block of State Street around 2:05 a.m. Michael R. Zaiss, 22, of Madison, called one of them a name and hit him, according to a release.
Bouncers kicked Zaiss out of the bar, and as the second downtown resident left the bar, Zaiss head-butted him, police said. The 22-year-old heard a pop and told police he knew his nose was broken.
Zaiss was arrested on tentative charges of disorderly conduct, possession of cocaine and two counts of battery.Madison crime map
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime
- Oakcrest Tavern robbed at gunpoint at closing time, PD says