MADISON, Wis. - Two downtown residents were injured in a fight outside a bar early Sunday morning when another man punched and head-butted them, police said.
The two 22-year-old Madison residents were at a bar in the 500 block of State Street around 2:05 a.m. Michael R. Zaiss, 22, of Madison, called one of them a name and hit him, according to a release.
Bouncers kicked Zaiss out of the bar, and as the second downtown resident left the bar, Zaiss head-butted him, police said. The 22-year-old heard a pop and told police he knew his nose was broken.
Zaiss was arrested on tentative charges of disorderly conduct, possession of cocaine and two counts of battery.Madison crime map
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry