MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was punched and kicked in the head after being knocked to the ground during a downtown confrontation, according to a release from Madison police.
Police said the 21-year-old was walking with several friends, including two women, in the 400 block of North Frances Street at 2 a.m. Friday when they encountered a group of four men. The men began flirting with the women from the first group when 21-year-old told the men to leave his group alone.
The man was attacked, knocked to the ground and repeatedly called a derogatory name, according to police.
One of the victim's friends gave police a good description of the attacker and officers found him a short time later.
Emmite L. Grant Jr., 31, of Madison, was arrested on suspicion of battery.Madison crime map
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says