TOWN OF SPRINGDALE, Wis. - A Middleton man was arrested Friday after he pointed a handgun at another driver during a road-rage incident, officials said.
Around 4:10 p.m. Dane County deputies received a report of a road rage incident on Highway 18/151 in the town of Springdale, according to a release. The caller said she was in a vehicle traveling eastbound on Highway 18/151 when a black Subaru started tailgating and swerving toward the vehicle she was in.
The woman told deputies at one point during the incident, the driver of the Subaru pulled along the passenger side of her vehicle and pointed a handgun at her, officials said.
Dane County deputies and Verona police initiated a high-risk traffic stop and interviewed the driver and passenger of the Subaru, according to the release. Police searched the vehicle and found a .40-caliber handgun.
The driver of the Subaru, Nathan M. Pike, 25, of Middleton, was arrested on charges of first-degree recklessly endangering safety, carrying a concealed weapon, disorderly conduct while armed and reckless driving.
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant