MADISON, Wis. - A Madison teenager ended up with a gun pointed at him after he chased a stranger out of his back yard Monday night, officials said.
The 17-year-old was with friends on the deck of his family's home in the 3700 block of County Grove Drive around 11:52 p.m. when he heard some rustling in the bushes, according to a release. The boy and a friend decided to investigate because of some recent burglaries in the area.
Officials said they saw a man running from the area and, after chasing him, confronted the stranger behind a home on Westbourne Street.
The boy told police the man pointed a handgun at him so he slowly backed away, according to the release.
The stranger is described as a male, 5 feet 9 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall and muscular. He was last seen wearing a black long-sleeve shirt, black pants and a black baseball-style cap.Madison crime map
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK