MADISON, Wis. - A Madison teenager ended up with a gun pointed at him after he chased a stranger out of his back yard Monday night, officials said.
The 17-year-old was with friends on the deck of his family's home in the 3700 block of County Grove Drive around 11:52 p.m. when he heard some rustling in the bushes, according to a release. The boy and a friend decided to investigate because of some recent burglaries in the area.
Officials said they saw a man running from the area and, after chasing him, confronted the stranger behind a home on Westbourne Street.
The boy told police the man pointed a handgun at him so he slowly backed away, according to the release.
The stranger is described as a male, 5 feet 9 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall and muscular. He was last seen wearing a black long-sleeve shirt, black pants and a black baseball-style cap.Madison crime map
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI