MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was in court Thursday on charges of sexual assault of a child.
Donald L. Crompton, 22, of Madison, stood mute as a not guilty plea was entered on his behalf for one court of repeated sexual assault of a child.
According to a criminal complaint, Crompton sexually assaulted a 9-year-old boy for more than a year from March 2012 to May 2013. During that time, Crompton was the boy's babysitter.
In the complaint, Crompton admitted to committing the assaults.
If convicted, Crompton faces at least 25 years but not more than 60 years in prison.
His bail is set at $100,000 and he cannot have any contact with the victim or any other juveniles as part of his bail conditions.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire