MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was in court Thursday on charges of sexual assault of a child.
Donald L. Crompton, 22, of Madison, stood mute as a not guilty plea was entered on his behalf for one court of repeated sexual assault of a child.
According to a criminal complaint, Crompton sexually assaulted a 9-year-old boy for more than a year from March 2012 to May 2013. During that time, Crompton was the boy's babysitter.
In the complaint, Crompton admitted to committing the assaults.
If convicted, Crompton faces at least 25 years but not more than 60 years in prison.
His bail is set at $100,000 and he cannot have any contact with the victim or any other juveniles as part of his bail conditions.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls