MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was in court Thursday on charges of sexual assault of a child.
Donald L. Crompton, 22, of Madison, stood mute as a not guilty plea was entered on his behalf for one court of repeated sexual assault of a child.
According to a criminal complaint, Crompton sexually assaulted a 9-year-old boy for more than a year from March 2012 to May 2013. During that time, Crompton was the boy's babysitter.
In the complaint, Crompton admitted to committing the assaults.
If convicted, Crompton faces at least 25 years but not more than 60 years in prison.
His bail is set at $100,000 and he cannot have any contact with the victim or any other juveniles as part of his bail conditions.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1