MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was in court Thursday on charges of sexual assault of a child.
Donald L. Crompton, 22, of Madison, stood mute as a not guilty plea was entered on his behalf for one court of repeated sexual assault of a child.
According to a criminal complaint, Crompton sexually assaulted a 9-year-old boy for more than a year from March 2012 to May 2013. During that time, Crompton was the boy's babysitter.
In the complaint, Crompton admitted to committing the assaults.
If convicted, Crompton faces at least 25 years but not more than 60 years in prison.
His bail is set at $100,000 and he cannot have any contact with the victim or any other juveniles as part of his bail conditions.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street